Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thanksgiving :)

Since my family (besides mom, dad and brother) live so far away, Thanksgiving is not really something that my family makes into a huge ordeal. When we're in California (I think it's been 10 whole years since we've actually been there for Thanksgiving) we all gather at Grandma and Grandpa's house for lunch and just spend the day hanging out and doing nothing... here at my house: we typically sit at the table awkwardly for that 20 minutes that it takes to get full and end up going our own ways. Some people may think that's sad.. but for us it's normal.. we love each other in our own way and Thanksgiving for the Zamora family is just a day where we get to relax and be who we are without any limitations. 

Although this year it's pretty sad because my dad can't be with us since he's up in N.C. and Rich will be somewhere tomorrow.. it's mostly going to be mom and me... doing nothing. I like that idea. I like the idea of just being for one whole day. I don't even know how to sleep in anymore. & in the late afternoon I get to go spend the rest of the evening with awesome friends.

I am so thankful for my family and the journey that God has brought us through. I am so blessed beyond words. I am blessed by the friendships and relationships that God has brought to me in this past year and the relationships that he lets me keep and the ones that flourish as the years go by. I am thankful for amazing jobs that allow me to be an example of Christ's love for us while getting to hang out and play with some pretty cool kids all day. I am so blessed by a church and church family that I have at Epoch. There are just no words to express how blessed I am and how thankful to my Creator, my Lord and my Savior. I'm so excited to see what is to come in the next year. Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble gobble.


No comments:

Post a Comment